Hardcore Pepperocini

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

"...Somewhere back there in the dust, that same small town in each of us..."

-Don Henly, End of the Innocence

I am SO glad that Jessica and Amber came up this weekend. We had so much fun that it almost seems like it didn't even happen. I have the best friends in the whole world.

Yesterday was a day off for me, and there was a short but impressive hailstorm in the early afternoon that rocked my world, and it reminded me of a day that happened sometime last year. I had arrived at the music building a little before 9 AM and when I got there I realized that the power was out. The hall was full of students, most of whom were there for Peggy's 9 AM Music History class, and they were overcome with excitement that their class had been cancelled. It seemed that every student present only wanted to know one thing: "Can I go home?" But leave it to the piano students to stand out in a crowd. Gina, Vernon, Karen, Ginger and I had all showed up to practice, and we were simply not ready to let a little power outage ruin our plans. I snagged the classroom with the big window that allowed enough light for me to see my music. Karen, Gina, Vernon and Ginger somehow found candles, and lit them in the practice rooms so they could practice by candlelight. I just remember loving that morning, loving the fact that I had friends like me who instead of going home to get another hour of sleep, chose to light candles so they could play piano.

Speaking of piano, I just got an e-mail from a student at UW that I contacted awhile ago, and he informed me of a studio class that will be in a couple of weeks. Yay! I hope I'm not working... I wonder if I want to play something... My plan for today is to get through my ENTIRE Mozart concerto! It is really fun. My Chopin Etude is hard, but it is coming along slowly.

My next plan of action is to find a teacher...

Fly yourself to the moon, put the world on a string and feel welcome to the party. You need to treat yourself instead of waiting for someone else to come through. Celebrate your own accomplishments.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I, too, am SO glad Jessica and Amber came up for Easter weekend... no nice.
    -Linda

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Erin Pez said…

    Thank you Linda. Have I ever told you how POLITE you are?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home